- The 2015 Sears National Kids Cancer Ride team cycled over 7000 km from Vancouver to Halifax. They met and connected with children and their families, inspired hope, learned about the amazing work being done by cancer professional all across Canada, and enjoyed the warmth and comfort offered by the staff, management and customers of Sears Canada and the many other partners who support this incredible effort.
- For twelve years now, Tour For Kids has been raising funds to help kids with cancer just be kids again and enjoy a camp experience. The 2015 Ontario and Alberta events once again brought together a committed community of riders and volunteers, cancer survivors and their families, while being inspired by the memories of some very special angels.
- The Inside Ride and Inside Ride National Tour brought the cause of childhood cancer to the fore with more than 20,000 people – riders, volunteers and organizers – at over 125 events all across Canada, not only raising much needed funds, but creating a groundswell of support for the cause, the kids and the families.
- The amazing Bike For Tykes team of organizers, volunteers and of course spinners, who together achieved another record fundraising and participation milestone, while bringing so much fun, excitement and awareness to downtown Toronto
- Since 2002, Ride For Karen, a Fall cycling classic, has raised funds to send kids with cancer to camp
- And so many other events and fundraising programs, championed by people who are committed to supporting children with cancer and their families: Brampton Rotary Rib N Roll, Fan Expo Breakfast with the Stars, the Toss ‘Em Up for Childhood Cancer ring toss tournament and so many more amazing, uplifting and inspiring events.
IT’S THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR
- $1,937,000 to the many camp organizations that give children a break from their cancer. These organizations work year-round, at summer camp locations, at city camps and even in the hospitals to help bring the fun and relief of a camp experience to the children who most need it. We are proud to support Camp Trillium, Camp Quality, Camp Oochigeas and Kids Cancer Care Alberta and many other camp organizations
- $1,428,000 to help fund almost twenty organizations in communities across Canada that support children with cancer and their families. This often involves helping families pay the rent or mortgage or other bills when they are unable to work because of a sick child
- $1,310,000 to fund important pediatric oncology research projects at children’s hospitals all across Canada
- And we are very proud to announce that included in these amounts above, is a $700,000 donation to Toronto Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids) in support of pediatric oncology research at the Peter Gilgan Centre for Research and Learning (PGCRL) at SickKids. This completes our 5-year, $4 million commitment to SickKids one full year ahead of schedule.
SO WHERE DID ALL THE MONEY COME FROM?
LOOKING FORWARD TO 2016
YOU ARE MAKING A DIFFERENCE IN THE LIVES OF KIDS WITH CANCER