Coast to Coast Against Cancer Foundation provides the opportunity for charities, research initiatives and programs to apply for funding that is aligned with the foundation’s mandate.
Coast to Coast Against Cancer supports initiatives within the five core pillars:
- Family Support and Quality of Life Programs
- Palliative Care
In the child and young adult cancer sphere. We recognize and respect that overlap may exist among these initiatives, and our funds take this into consideration.
Coast to Coast Against Cancer Foundation accepts grant applications for larger funding requests on a rolling basis. This process allows for Coast to Coast to learn about new and promising initiatives across the country in real time and to directly support top priority concerns in a timely and effective manner.
Applications are reviewed by Coast to Coast Against Cancer Foundation’s Grant Committee in consultation with appropriate Fund Partners and Coast to Coast’s Board of Directors. Approval by the Coast to Coast Against Cancer Foundation Board of Directors is required for grant disbursement. The Coast to Coast Board meets once every financial quarter and reserves the right to accept, decline or amend recommendations.
The Grant Committee has been appointed to provide expertise and national representation for insight on areas of need and programming to benefit the childhood, youth and young adult cancer space in Canada. The Grant Committee is composed of experts in the childhood cancer field including doctors, researchers and family members.
Canadian research initiatives, cancer programs and charities are eligible for consideration. Successful grant recipients will submit strong applications with details on programming or research initiatives which will be of direct benefit to children with cancer, their families and pediatric oncology centres, hospitals and programs across Canada. A Canadian Revenue Agency number is required.
- Any program or service that is already offered or funded by the government
- Programs that do not directly impact children with cancer or their families
- Politically-affiliated programs or organizations or lobbyists
- Religious organizations
- Individuals or individual families
- Staff salaries
Grant applications which address and provide details on the requirements below will be given preference. The following general application evaluation criteria apply to all applications:
- Program: Alignment and assessment of proposed project with Coast to Coast Against Cancer Foundation strategic goals and within the mandate of sponsoring partners (if applicable).
- Demographic: Expected number of beneficiaries/participants and geographic area representation.
- Financial: Budget and supporting financial documents are provided and allow for a clear financial assessment, including previous funding application status and other formal funding partnerships information. All applications are to include an annual report.
- Sustainability: Resource Assessment (Environment, Human, Industry) and strategy for continued funding after disbursed funds have been used is required.
- Expected Outcomes: Ability to communicate and promote the fund before, during and after the application process. Measurement of success of the program including strong impact reporting.