Sophia Chantal Penner
Born: June, 2007
- Hometown: Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Year of Diagnosis: 2010
- Diagnosis: Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
Some facts about my treatment:
- I had 80 sleepovers at the hospital.
- I lost all my hair
- Because I had to get chemo and steroids at the same time I lost the muscle in my legs and I couldn’t walk for a whole year
- I had to get lots of blood transfusions
- I had to have lots of pokes in my port, my back and my fingers.
- Some of my back pokes I was awake for
- I had to learn to take pills when I was only 3, and I had them every day for over a year
What I want people to know about me
That I had a port that my medicine went in. And that I’m very brave.
My favourite day was
May 25th 2012, the day I took my last chemo!
The worst thing about having cancer
Having lots and lots of pokes
What do you want to be when you grow up?
My message to other kids undergoing treatment
I’m sorry that you have cancer. Don’t be scared to loose your hair because you will still be beautiful! A little tip is that I could put tattoos on the top of my head when no one else could: )
If you could have one superpower strength, what would it be?
To be invisible
If I had three wishes they would be…
That cancer wouldn’t exist 200 candy bags and a mansion with a gym
I’m involved with Coast to Coast because…
To help raise awareness