Kameryn Jayne Vanwallegham
Born: May, 2005
- Hometown: Sudbury, Ontario
- Year of Diagnosis: 2012
- Diagnosis: Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia ALL
Some facts about my treatment:
– It’s easy to cure
– It’s not a rare kind of cancer
– I don’t have to stay in the hospital for a long time (when I started I only stayed in the hospital for 2 weeks)
– I go to the hospital to get chemotherapy and I get it at home
– It does not hurt to get chemotherapy
– I get chemo through my port in an iv bag, or in a pill
– I get arm pokes sometimes because they have to draw my blood
– I don’t like getting my chemotherapy pills at home because some of them are really gross tasting
– Lots of my chemotherapy is really yucky, but I know that I have to take it to get better and it’s worth it
What I want people to know about me
I’m feeling fine. I like to skate, downhill and cross-country skiing, swimming with my mermaid tail, dancing, and doing lots of messy art like painting and trying experiments. I like everything in my art desk actually.
My favourite day was
When I got to get out of the hospital.
The worst thing about having cancer
Getting treatments when you have to stay in the hospital overnight.
What do you want to be when you grow up?
Any kind of teacher.
My message to other kids undergoing treatment
I would tell them to not be scared, it’s ok. Don’t worry. Just once you get it done, it will be done and overwith.
If you could have one superpower strength, what would it be?
To get rid of cancer.
If I had three wishes they would be…
1) I could be a real live mermaid.
2) I wish to live underwater.
3) I wish I could swim with Mahina the mermaid.
I’m involved with Coast to Coast because…
Because my Auntie T’s friend asked me to be.